Superior Court Appoints Attorneys to Family Court Panels
December 05, 2023
On December 4, the Superior Court of the District of Columbia issued Administrative Order 23-27 appointing attorneys to various Family Court Panels for a four-year period. Designated attorneys will serve as:
- Counsel to parties in neglect and related proceedings (CCAN Panel)
- Guardians ad litem (GAL Panel)
- Special education attorneys (SPED Panel)
- Counsel in juvenile delinquency cases (Juvenile Panel)
- Counsel in mental health proceedings (Mental Health Panel)
- Counsel in mental habilitation cases (Mental Habilitation Panel)
- Counsel for post-committed youth (Post-Commitment Juvenile Youth Panel)
Prior to accepting appointments as counsel, the panelists must satisfy the relevant training requirements described in the order.
Effective January 3, 2024, judicial officers of D.C. Superior Court must appoint in pertinent cases only attorneys listed on the relevant Family Court Panel if counsel is seeking compensation under the Criminal Justice Act or the Child Abuse and Neglect Act, except as provided in the order.