About the Corporation, Finance, and Securities Law Section
The section is a specialized Bar section involved in a wide range of activities beneficial to lawyers interested in the legal practice areas of corporation, finance, or securities law. These activities are designed to facilitate your professional growth and networking with fellow Bar members. The section’s purposes are to:
- advance the professional development and competence of section members by offering educational programs and publications in the substantive law fields of corporations, finance, and securities law.
- keep section members informed of changes and developments in the relevant law and to publish information on those subjects.
- monitor legislative and regulatory developments and to comment on issues within the section’s expertise and jurisdiction.
- provide a forum for discussion of subjects pertaining to the legal practice areas of corporation, finance, and securities law.
- provide other services to section members consistent with the D.C. Bar Section Guidelines.
- fulfill the Bar’s commitment to public service and community outreach.
The section sponsors a number of activities to fulfill the foregoing objectives including luncheon and evening educational programs featuring guest speakers, conferences, seminars and symposia, receptions, and meetings. The section also publishes a newsletter to maintain regular communications with members, offers publications and course materials, conducts membership surveys, prepares public statements, and hosts a Web site. In addition, the section sponsors community outreach activities.
Except in unusual circumstances, activities sponsored by the section or a section standing committee will be held in the District of Columbia to permit convenient attendance by a majority of section members.