Open topic with navigation
Tabular Layout Element Properties
The Tabular Layout Element Properties dialog lets you define the number of rows and columns as well as attributes of the table and for cells.
After you save these settings, CommonSpot renders the table on your page.
Select the number of columns and rows for your table.
LayoutTabular Layout Element Properties
- Alignment - Sets the table’s alignment, which can be left, center, or right.
- Border Size - Sets the width of the border, measured in pixels. If you want to place a border around the table or any of its cells, this field must not be zero. If the setting is zero, you will not be able to create borders.
- Cell Padding - Sets the minimum number of pixels to leave between the cell’s content and the cell boundary.
- Cell Spacing - Sets the number of pixels of empty space to leave between cells.
- Width - Sets the number of pixels to leave between cells.
Your choices specify how the CommonSpot build this table. It is important to note that any option you choose will become the default setting. You will be able to override these settings at the cell level.
When you again click on the Tablular Element edit icon, a different menu displays:
After selecting “Layout”, CommonSpot displays a different Tabular Layout Element Properties dialog.
- Description (Summary) - Provides a summary description for the table contents. This is required for compliance with accessibility standards in Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Layout - Cell padding is the number of pixels to leave between the cell’s content and the cell boundary. Cell spacing is the number of pixels between cells.
- Minimum Size -These fields let you set the table’s minimum height and width. These sizes can be set in pixels or percent.
- Background Image - You can also dress up the cell with a background image. Click the Select Image button to bring up the Image Properties wizard to add the background image from the Image Gallery. Otherwise, click Finish
- Miscellaneous - If you check the box to Allow insertion of multiple elements per cell, you will be able to place more than one Element in any of the cells of the table. If the box is not checked, no cell can have more than one Element.
Click Save to return to the table.
You can download PDF versions of the Content Contributor's, Administrator's, and Elements Reference documents from the support section of paperthin.com (requires login).
- What's New in CommonSpot 6.0
- CommonSpot 6.0.0 Menu Quick Reference
- Developer's Guide
- Template Developer's Guide
- Style Sheet Reference Guide
- Shared Database Configuration Guide
- Replication vs Shared Database Guide
- Static Content Generation Guide
- Performance Recommendations Guide
For technical support:
Open topic with navigation