Open topic with navigation
When enabled in the CommonSpot Administrator, many authoring and administrative dialogs include an option to check spelling when submitting text data.
When Check Spelling is selected and the dialog is submitted (usually by clicking Save, Next, or OK), the spell checker processes the content of all text entry fields in the dialog. If any words are found that do not match entries in the lexicon, the Spell Check dialog is opened.
For each possibly misspelled word, the Spell Check dialog shows the word in context in the top text block and displays the following options:
- Replace – Replaces the word with the content of the ‘Replace With’ field and proceeds to the next possibly misspelled word. Closely matched words will be listed in the ‘Suggestions’ field, with the closest match pre-populated in the ‘Replace With’ field. You may change the text in the ‘Replace With’ field by clicking any of the entries in the ‘Suggestions’ field or by directly editing the ‘Replace With’ field. Note that the spelling of the replacement text will not checked again.
- Replace All – Replaces all occurrences of the word with the content of the ‘Replace With’ field and proceeds to the next possibly misspelled word.
- Ignore - Leaves the word "as is" and proceeds to the next possibly misspelled word.
- Ignore All – Leaves all occurrences of the word "as is"and proceeds to the next possibly misspelled word.
- Add – Leaves all occurrences of the word "as is", adds the word to the lexicon, and proceeds to the next possibly misspelled word.
- Close – Leaves all remaining possibly misspelled words "as is" and proceeds with submitting the dialog.
- Cancel - Leaves all remaining possibly misspelled words "as is" and cancel the dialog submission. If you have already made corrections, you will be asked whether you would like to discard the corrections. Click ‘OK’ to discard corrections or ‘Cancel’ to keep them. In either case, you will be returned to the starting dialog (i.e., where they checked the ‘Check Spelling’ box).
For detailed information on configuring spell checking, see the Spell Checking Section of the Site Administration chapter in the CommonSpot Administrator's Reference.
You can download PDF versions of the Content Contributor's, Administrator's, and Elements Reference documents from the support section of paperthin.com (requires login).
- What's New in CommonSpot 6.0
- CommonSpot 6.0.0 Menu Quick Reference
- Developer's Guide
- Template Developer's Guide
- Style Sheet Reference Guide
- Shared Database Configuration Guide
- Replication vs Shared Database Guide
- Static Content Generation Guide
- Performance Recommendations Guide
For technical support:
Open topic with navigation