Open topic with navigation
Static Site Consistency Check
Once initial static content generation completes, it’s a good idea to check static site content. Expand the Static Content Generation section in the Site Administration left panel and click Check Static Content. CommonSpot generates a report listing the results of its static page consistency scan. This scan displays totals for various categories to alert you to any updates needed.
If you recently completed initial static content creation, most categories will not require updates. However, this scan will report pages with errors, which you can identify by selecting the Show Detail option and resubmitting the dialog. Investigate and fix pages with errors.
The dialog displays the following areas of content:
- Pages checked – the number of CommonSpot pages currently included in the background static process. This does not contain templates, uploaded documents and external URLs.
- Scheduled for Update – the number of pages that are currently marked as “needing an update”. These pages are either currently in the queue if the background process is running or will be placed in the queue the next time the background process starts.
- Pages with rendering errors – if a page records a ColdFusion error during the static generation process it will be listed here. Pages marked as “having errors”, are processed after pages “Scheduled for update” are processed.
- Missing static pages – pages which exist in the dynamic version but do not exist in the static version (may have been inadvertently deleted), will be listed here.
- Extra files found – pages which exist in the static version but do not exist in the dynamic version will be listed here.
- Pages with timestamp inconsistencies – static pages whose timestamp is different than the SitePages.ContentLastModified timestamp for the dynamic page (essentially, if the document has been updated in CommonSpot, it should have rendered a new static version).
- Pages with file size inconsistencies – static pages that are marked as dynamic, with a static file size which is inconsistent with a normal redirect header (pages that are dynamic but may not re-direct properly).
You can refine this report with the following options:
- Show Detail – Checking this option and running the scan displays the Results tab, containing reports organized by error category. Use this tab to view updates pages and to debug specific pages affected by each error type.
When applicable this dialog displays options for updating:
- Files with timestamp inconsistencies
- Files with size inconsistencies
- Update files with inconsistencies – Checking this option and clicking Next displays the Update Static Content dialog for moving files identified as inconsistent into the corresponding static directory.
You can download PDF versions of the Content Contributor's, Administrator's, and Elements Reference documents from the support section of paperthin.com (requires login).
- What's New in CommonSpot 6.0
- CommonSpot 6.0.0 Menu Quick Reference
- Developer's Guide
- Template Developer's Guide
- Style Sheet Reference Guide
- Shared Database Configuration Guide
- Replication vs Shared Database Guide
- Static Content Generation Guide
- Performance Recommendations Guide
For technical support:
Open topic with navigation