Feedback from stakeholders during the strategic assessment process revealed common themes about Pro Bono Center's work in the legal services community. The key findings identified areas of strengths and potential for growth, as well as relevant environmental factors and trends that affect how the organization will grow over the next five years.
- High capacity to fill critical, unmet needs of thousands of individuals seeking access to justice.
- Wide range of volunteer opportunities being fulfilled by hundreds of attorneys across all sectors of the legal profession.
- A strong and extensive network of partners, particularly with large law firms, legal services providers and the courts, and positive reputation in the community.
- High level of satisfaction from the D.C. Superior Court with the Pro Bono Center’s impact.
- Excellent, responsive, dedicated, and competent staff.
Take an in-depth look at participant feedback regarding the Pro Bono Center's strengths.
Opportunities for Growth
- Champion innovative pro bono leadership in the community.
- Increase awareness in the community about the depth and breadth of the Pro Bono Center’s services.
- Redefine the role and relationship between the Community Economic Development (CED) Project and the larger Pro Bono Center services, including the CED Project’s supporting advisory structures.
- Ensure long-term financial stability.
- Increase the use of technology to support client and volunteer services.
Read more about where stakeholders saw opportunities to expand the Pro Bono Center's services.
Relevant Environmental Factors and Trends
- Continued complex poverty issues, effect of gentrification in D.C., and a rise in pro se litigants in the Civil Division.
- Changes in law firm pro bono resources.
- Changes in law firm giving