- Display Advertising
- File Requirements
- Contract Policies
- Commissions and Discounts
- Publishing Information
- Other Advertising Opportunities
Black and White
|Premium Position:||10 percent|
|Center Spread:||15 percent|
Advertising Deadlines for 2013
|Issue||Publication Date||Space Reservations||Camera Ready Art|
|January||December 26||November 19||December 3|
|February||January 25||December 21||January 2|
|March||February 25||January 21||February 1|
|April||March 25||February 18||March 1|
|May||April 25||March 21||April 1|
|June||May 24||April 22||May 3|
|July/August||July 25||June 21||June 28|
|September||August 26||July 22||August 2|
|October||September 25||August 19||August 30|
|November||October 25||September 20||October 4|
|December||November 25||October 21||November 1|
Electronic File Requirements
The Washington Lawyer strongly encourages the use of digital files.
ELECTRONIC ADS: All files should be in Quark, InDesign, or Photoshop. Scans should be at least 300 dpi, placed in submitted file at 100%. All graphics and fonts should be changed to outlines. Preferred media are CDs or press PDFs (not screen–optimized PDFs). A SWOP standard proof must be provided. Additional charges may be incurred if these guidelines are not followed.
Any production work done by publication will be charged at the prevailing rates. There is a $150 minimum production charge
ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION: If needed, files can be placed on our prepress service’s FTP site. For information, please contact Virgil Cotton at 202-737-4700, ext. 3268, or VCotton@dcbar.org.
- Contract covers number of issues within one year.
- Advertisers who do not fulfill their insertion schedules will be subject to a short rate.
- Credits earned by increasing frequency during a contract year will be applied toward future billing.
- All advertising is subject to approval by the D.C. Bar Publications Committee based on its editorial guidelines. The committee reserves the right to reject advertising determined not to be in keeping with the publication’s standards. By submitting advertising for acceptance, the advertiser and its agency agree to indemnify and protect the publisher from loss or expense on claims or suits based upon the subject matter of such advertisements. The publisher is not responsible for advertisements omitted for any reason.
- Rate–holder: One–sixth page.
- Cancellations must be received in writing prior to the published space reservation deadline.
- Any production work done by publication will be charged at the prevailing rates. There is a $150 minimum production charge.
- First–time non–agency advertisers are required to prepay the first installment of any Insertion Order for display advertising.
Commissions and Discounts
15 percent commission to recognized agencies. Net invoice due and payable 30 days from invoice date. Bills rendered upon publication. All invoices not paid within 30 days of invoice date are subject to a service charge of 1½ percent per month (18 percent per year). Advertiser agrees to pay collection costs of delinquent accounts.
- Rates effective January 1, 2013
- Guaranteed circulation: 100,000
- Published 11 times per year and mailed to every member of the District of Columbia Bar. Post office receipts verifying circulation are available upon request.
- About Washington Lawyer and its Readers, visit Demographics page.
Other Advertising Opportunities
Insert rates and D.C. Bar online advertising
are available by calling 202-737-4700, ext. 3268, or email@example.com.
- Banner advertising on dcbar.org
- Post a job or resume in the D.C. Bar Career Center
- Request Mailing List information e–mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request a PDF of the 2013 Rate Card e–mail email@example.com.
For further information, please call 202-737-4700, ext. 3268 or e–mail firstname.lastname@example.org.