Washington DC 20005
Contact: Margaret Duval , Managing Attorney
Phone: 202-737-4700 3295
Web address: www.dcbar.org/probono
- Need nonlitigator volunteers?
- Malpractice insurance for volunteers:
- Intake hours:
- Register for the Custody Clinic at:; www.dcbar.org/custodyclinic or by calling 202-737-4700 x424.
- Non-english services?
- Opportunities for attorneys not admitted in D.C.:
- Need paralegal/law students:
- Unrepresented individuals with uncontested or contested D.C. custody matters. No income eligibility
- Training offered:
- All volunteers are provided a three-hour training session covering substantive and procedural law. Trainings are conducted periodically. Volunteers are mentored by experienced volunteer team leaders: D.C. Bar Pro Bono Program staff provide backup support.
- Types of services:
- Volunteer needs:
- Volunteers teach a two-hour custody class and provide individualized assistance at a two-hour follow-up workshop. Volunteers work in small teams led by an experienced family lawyer. We need attorneys and paralegals; no prior family law experience is necessary.
- Subject areas:
- Child Custody, Children, Child Support, Family