Washington DC 20052
Contact: Joan S. Meier, Esq. , Executive Director
Web address: www.dvleap.org
- Need nonlitigator volunteers?
- Malpractice insurance for volunteers:
- Intake hours:
- Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Non-english services?
- Opportunities for attorneys not admitted in D.C.:
- Need paralegal/law students:
- Case and legal issue must concern domestic violence. Cases are screened for viability of appeal
- Training offered:
- We closely mentor pro bono volunteers and provide trainings to the Bar and also to our pro bono network. Volunteer or staff attorneys need to be experienced in domestic violence litigation and have at least some appellate experience
- Types of services:
- Screening and placement of appeals for pro bono representation; co-counseling and mentoring of pro bono attorneys handling appellate cases.
- Volunteer needs:
- We partner with pro bono attorneys at law firms. We also work with experienced domestic violence attorneys as "in-house" consulting attorneys.
- Subject areas:
- Criminal, Domestic Violence