Washington DC 20009
Web address: www.breakthecycle.org
- Need nonlitigator volunteers?
- Malpractice insurance for volunteers:
- Intake hours:
- Call for an appointment.;Same-day appointments available.
- Non-english services?
- Asistencia en espanol: 202-654-4187
- Opportunities for attorneys not admitted in D.C.:
- Need paralegal/law students:
- Training offered:
- Training available through D.C. Bar Pro Bono Program.
- Types of services:
- Break the Cycle's Legal Services Program provides early intervention services, including free legal advice, counsel and representation, to hundreds of young people, ages 12 to 22. These legal services are provided in English and Spanish and are designed to provide clients with important information and tools by informing them of their options, allowing them to decide what course of action is best for them, and then guiding and supporting them through that process. Break the Cycle's staff attorneys assist clients in filing for and obtaining temporary restraining orders and provide full representation to clients at hearings for permanent restraining orders and other domestic violence-related family law court proceedings such as custody, divorce, and child support matters.
- Volunteer needs:
- Attorneys to handle pro bono domestic violence and related cases.
- Subject areas:
- Juvenile, Child Custody, Domestic Relations, Domestic Violence, Family