Washington DC 20001
Contact: Vytas V. Vergeer
Web address: www.breadforthecity.org
- Need nonlitigator volunteers?
- Malpractice insurance for volunteers:
- Intake hours:
- Mondays only, between 1:00PM - 4:00PM
- Non-english services?
- Opportunities for attorneys not admitted in D.C.:
- Yes, attorneys who are not members of the D.C. Bar can represent clients in public entitlements cases before the Social Security Administration and the D.C. Department of Human Services. Attorneys admitted in other jurisdictions can appear pro hac vice in landlord/tenant and family law matters.
- Need paralegal/law students:
- 200% FPG, D.C. residents only
- Training offered:
- Yes. In all practice areas.
- Types of services:
- Brief services, advice, referrals, and representation to low-income clients. Work with in-house medical services, emergency food, clothing and social services.
- Volunteer needs:
- Brief services, advice, referrals, and representation to low-income clients. Work wtih in-house medical services, emergency food, and clothing and social services.
- Subject areas:
- Housing, Child Custody, Landlord/Tenant, Child Support, Differently-abled Rights, Domestic Violence, Family