Washington DC 20008
Contact: Joyce Batipps
Web address: http://www.law.udc.edu
- Need nonlitigator volunteers?
- Malpractice insurance for volunteers:
- Intake hours:
- As we operate under the auspices of a law school program with student representatives, the clinic is open September through May. The clinic is closed for intake from June to August. All intakes are by appointment.
- Non-english services?
- Opportunities for attorneys not admitted in D.C.:
- Need paralegal/law students:
- Low income persons with HIV / AIDS and their near family members who are affected by the disease
- Training offered:
- May attend seminars.
- Types of services:
- Students, supervised by attorneys, represent HIV+ clients and their families in administrative proceedings, court, and general civil practice.
- Volunteer needs:
- Physician or health care professionals to assist in reading medical records; pro bono medical exams; literacy and I.Q. testing. Attorneys admitted in Maryland and Virginia.
- Subject areas:
- AIDS/HIV, Child Custody, Child Support, Differently-abled Rights, Family, Wills, Health