Washington DC 20036
Contact: Gerald Kasunic
Web address: www.nursinghomeaction.com
- Need nonlitigator volunteers?
- Malpractice insurance for volunteers:
- Intake hours:
- Call 24 hours per day.
- Non-english services?
- Telephonic translation services are available.
- Opportunities for attorneys not admitted in D.C.:
- Yes, attorneys may be able to do research and advocate for residents in long-term care setting. Attorneys will need to produce a resume and be willing to be trained and certified as a volunteer ombudsman.
- Need paralegal/law students:
- Residency in a nursing home of CRFs (Community Residential Facilities)
- Training offered:
- Yes, in D.C. Regulatory Codes, Elder Law, and OAA-Ombudsman Law (both federal and district laws).
- Types of services:
- Receives, investigates and attempts to resolve complaints made by or on behalf of nursing home and board and care home residents in D.C. No age restrictions on eligibility for services. Anonymous complaints are welcome. Provides information and referral services regarding long term care issues, protects the privacy and confidentiality of residents, their families and others and advocates for improvement in relevant legislation and policy.
- Volunteer needs:
- Subject areas:
- Elder Law