Washington DC 20002
Contact: Brenda Ford Harding , Director of Legal Programs
Fax: (202) 832-1984
Web address: www.nlsp.org
- Need nonlitigator volunteers?
- Malpractice insurance for volunteers:
- Intake hours:
- Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 am - 4:30 pm. No appointment is required. Applicants can walk-in or call-in to any of our three locations. We have neighborhood offices in Ward 5 (680 Rhode Island Avenue NE), Ward 7 (4645 Nannie Helen Burroughs Avenue NE), and Ward 8 (3101 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue SE).
- Non-english services?
- Opportunities for attorneys not admitted in D.C.:
- Need paralegal/law students:
- D.C. Resident and within Income guidelines established by LSC
- Training offered:
- Types of services:
- Free legal representation in civil matters; referrals to pro bono attorneys; and community legal literacy training.
- Volunteer needs:
- Volunteer attorneys are needed to assist on-site in our Brief Services Unit; to accept pro bono referrals; and to help with community education programs. Internships/Externship placements are available for law students. To inquire about volunteer opportunities, contact Heather L. Hodges, Pro Bono Counsel at 202.269.5100.
- Subject areas:
- Housing, Child Custody, Child Support, Consumer, Domestic Relations, Domestic Violence, Public Benefits, Employment, Family, Wills