Washington DC 20005
Contact: Jodi Feldman , Director of Pro Bono and Intake Programs
Web address: www.legalaiddc.org
- Need nonlitigator volunteers?
- Malpractice insurance for volunteers:
- Intake hours:
- Walk-in basis, no appointment necessary.; Please visit www.legalaiddc.org for dates and times.
- Non-english services?
- Servicios en español disponibles. Llame para obtener el horario durante el que se le puede servir
- Opportunities for attorneys not admitted in D.C.:
- Only if the attorney is eligible to practice in D.C. pursuant to an exception set forth in D.C. Court of Appeals Rule 49.
- Need paralegal/law students:
- Program has income eligibility guidelines.
- Training offered:
- Legal Aid cosponsors several D.C. Bar Pro Bono Program trainings each year. Legal Aid also provides additional training opportunities on occasion. In addition, an expert mentor is assigned for each pro bono case referred through Legal Aid’s Pro Bono Referral Program.
- Types of services:
- Free legal services ranging from advice to full representation to low-income clients.
- Volunteer needs:
- Legal Aid primarily has opportunities for attorneys to accept individual case referrals through our Pro Bono Referral Program. Legal Aid also has summer and academic year internship opportunities for law and undergraduate students.
- Subject areas:
- Housing, Child Custody, Landlord/Tenant, Child Support, Domestic Violence, Public Benefits, Elder Law, Family, Veterans