Washington DC 20036
Contact: Philip Fornaci
Phone: 202-319-1000 x121
Web address: www.washlaw.org/projects/dcprisoners_rights/default.htm
- Need nonlitigator volunteers?
- Malpractice insurance for volunteers:
- Intake hours:
- Mon. - Fri., 9 am - 5 pm;Collect calls from D.C. Jail, CTF, and federal prisons accepted.
- Non-english services?
- Opportunities for attorneys not admitted in D.C.:
- Need paralegal/law students:
- Indigent prisoners confined pursuant to a conviction under the District of Columbia code.
- Training offered:
- Yes. Constitutional law/prisoners' rights.
- Types of services:
- Civil legal services for all persons convicted or charged or formerly convicted with a criminal offense under District of Columbia law on matters related to their conditions of incarceration and reentry.
- Volunteer needs:
- Litigation and non-litigation advocacy.
- Subject areas:
- Prisoner's Rights