Washington DC 20001
Contact: Ann Marie Hay , Executive Director
Web address: www.dclawstudents.org
- Need nonlitigator volunteers?
- Malpractice insurance for volunteers:
- Intake hours:
- During the academic year and summer session:;10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; During school breaks: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Non-english services?
- Opportunities for attorneys not admitted in D.C.:
- Yes, if firm or government attorney will enter appearance to cover pro hac vice requirements for litigation cases, non-D.C. attorneys could do intake but would need some training.
- Need paralegal/law students:
- Program has income eligibility guidelines.
- Training offered:
- Yes. Landlord & Tenant training for summer program.
- Types of services:
- Information and counseling and representation.
- Volunteer needs:
- Board / Development Committee Involvement, Updating Training Materials and Case Referrals
- Subject areas:
- Housing, Bankruptcy, Juvenile, Landlord/Tenant, Consumer