Washington DC 20003
Contact: Jennifer Foster
Web address: www.ourplacedc.org
- Need nonlitigator volunteers?
- Malpractice insurance for volunteers:
- Intake hours:
- Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m. We recommend calling for an appointment. Collect calls from prison and jail facilities are accepted.
- Non-english services?
- Opportunities for attorneys not admitted in D.C.:
- Need paralegal/law students:
- Incarcerated or recently-released women from the District of Columbia.
- Training offered:
- Yes. Director of Legal Services is available for training and mentoring
- Types of services:
- The mission of Our Place, DC is to support women who are or have been in the criminal justice system by providing the resources they need to maintain connections with the community, resettle after incarceration, and reconcile with their families. Our Place helps women remain drug- and alcohol-free, obtain decent housing and jobs, gain access to education, secure resources for their children, and maintain physical and emotional health.
- Volunteer needs:
- Attorneys and paralegals to assist with intake. Attorneys to accept case referrals. Please contact Director of Legal Services for volunteer opportunities.
- Subject areas:
- Human Rights, Child Custody, Landlord/Tenant, Prisoner's Rights, Public Policy, Family