Washington DC 20005
Contact: Ronald Baynes
Phone: 202-737-4700 3354
Web address: www.dcbar.org/probono
- Need nonlitigator volunteers?
- Malpractice insurance for volunteers:
- Intake hours:
- NO DIRECT CALLS FROM APPLICANTS ACCEPTED. To refer cases, send applicants to the DC Bar Pro Bono Program Advice and Referral Clinic for screening or contact the Pro Bono Program for a Referral Form
- Non-english services?
- Opportunities for attorneys not admitted in D.C.:
- Yes. Do not need D.C. Bar membership to represent pro bono clients in Bankruptcy Court.
- Need paralegal/law students:
- DC Residents, 200% poverty level, income / asset that needs protection through bankruptcy
- Training offered:
- The DC Bar pro Bono Program sponsors 2 Bankruptcy Training courses annually, and provides all new attorneys with expert mentors
- Types of services:
- Representation for qualified individuals in filing Chapter 7 petitions.
- Volunteer needs:
- Representation of Chapter 7 petitioners
- Subject areas: