Washington DC 20005
Contact: Margaret Duval , Managing Attorney
Phone: 202-737-4700 3297
Web address: www.dcbar.org/probono
- Need nonlitigator volunteers?
- Malpractice insurance for volunteers:
- Intake hours:
- No phone calls from prospective clients accepted.;We only accept cases on referral from other agencies.;Members of the public seeking legal advice or referral may attend the D.C. Bar Pro Bono Program Advice & Referral Clinic, which is held on a walk-in only basis on the second Saturday of each month from 10 am - noon at Bread for the City, 1525 Seventh St., NW, or 1640 Good Hope Road, SE.
- Non-english services?
- Opportunities for attorneys not admitted in D.C.:
- Some exceptions apply.
- Need paralegal/law students:
- Legal and social service providers prescreen individuals for income eligibility and case types. Call
- Training offered:
- Extensive mentoring and possible co-counseling opportunities
- Types of services:
- Provide indigent persons with civil legal representation.
- Volunteer needs:
- Law firms and government agencies staff this clinic on a rotating basis.
- Subject areas:
- Housing, Child Custody, Landlord/Tenant, Contract Review (for artists only), Health