Washington DC 20005
Contact: Leah Myers
Phone: 202-737-4700 3380
Fax: (202) 626-3471
Web address: www.dcbar.org/probono
- Need nonlitigator volunteers?
- Malpractice insurance for volunteers:
- Intake hours:
- Second Saturday of every month from 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon. NO DIRECT CALLS FROM CLIENTS ACCEPTED.
- Non-english services?
- Opportunities for attorneys not admitted in D.C.:
- Need paralegal/law students:
- Civil legal matters governed by D.C. law.
- Training offered:
- Types of services:
- D.C. Bar Pro Bono Program sponsors walk-in clinic on the second Saturday of every month from 10 a.m. until noon at both the Northwest and Southeast locations of Bread for the City (1525 7th Street NW and 1640 Good Hope Rd. SE). Individuals meet with volunteer attorneys to discuss certain civil legal matters governed by D.C. law. Eligible individuals may be referred to one of the other D.C. Bar Pro Bono Program Clinics or to another legal or social services agency if their matter warrants further advocacy.
- Volunteer needs:
- Law firms, government agencies, voluntary bar associations, and some D.C. Bar Sections staff the clinic on a rotating basis.
- Subject areas:
- Adoptions, Housing, Asylum/Immigration, Bankruptcy, Juvenile, Child Custody, Landlord/Tenant, Children, Child Support, Contract Review (for artists only), Discrimination, Domestic Violence, Education, Employment, Special Education, Family, Taxes, Veterans, Wills