Washington DC 20005
Contact: Ronald Baynes , Managing Attorney
Phone: 202-737-4700 3295
Web address: www.dcbar.org/probono
- Need nonlitigator volunteers?
- Malpractice insurance for volunteers:
- Intake hours:
- Non-english services?
- Opportunities for attorneys not admitted in D.C.:
- Yes. Attorneys not admitted in D.C. as well as non-attorney volunteers are encouraged to participate in the clinic's workshop.
- Need paralegal/law students:
- No income guideline.
- Training offered:
- Yes. Training for new volunteers held semi-annually. See www.dcbar.org/probono and click on "Trainings" for the schedule.
- Types of services:
- Two-session clinic providing information to pro se (unrepresented) litigants filing divorce petitions in D.C. Session One is a class addressing divorce law and procedures; Session Two is a workshop where participants can get assistance with individual questions and help completing or reviewing court documents necessary for filing for divorce. No legal advice or representation. No income restrictions.
- Volunteer needs:
- Volunteers work in groups of five to teach workshops. All volunteers must first attend a training session. Volunteers also provide client follow-up telephone services as needed. We need both experienced and inexperienced family law attorneys as well as non-attorneys.
- Subject areas:
- Domestic Relations, Family