Washington DC 20020
Contact: Rochanda Hiligh-THomas , Director of Legal Services & Advocacy
Web address: www.aje-dc.org
- Need nonlitigator volunteers?
- Malpractice insurance for volunteers:
- Intake hours:
- Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 5:00 pm
- Non-english services?
- Opportunities for attorneys not admitted in D.C.:
- Need paralegal/law students:
- District of Columbia residents
- Training offered:
- Yes, Access to Interpreters/Translators, Mentoring, Practice Manuals, Training/Orientation.
- Types of services:
- AJE uses parent engagement from a community empowerment perspective to provide training, direct legal representation, and support to families seeking the most basic educational supports for their children in the public schools of the District of Columbia.
- Volunteer needs:
- Yes, Brief Services, Full Representation, Intake, Litigation, Policy
- Subject areas:
- Juvenile, Public Policy, Education, Special Education