Washington DC 20001
Contact: Jeanne Atkinson
Web address: www.catholiccharitiesdc.org
- Need nonlitigator volunteers?
- Malpractice insurance for volunteers:
- Intake hours:
- 924 G Street NW: Tuesday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.; 1618 Monroe Street NW: Wednesday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.; 12247 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring: Tuesday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.; 13-15 E. Deer Park, Gaithersburg: Wednesday 12:30 p.m.
- Non-english services?
- Spanish, French, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Kirunda, Kinyarwanda
- Opportunities for attorneys not admitted in D.C.:
- Yes. Attorneys must be admitted before the highest bar of or licensed to practice in another state.
- Need paralegal/law students:
- Training offered:
- Staff attorneys and BIA-acredited Paralegals work one-on-one with volunteers. In addition, the program offers trainings for new volunteers and invites volunteers to staff meetings when outside trainers will be speaking on a variety of topics
- Types of services:
- Volunteer needs:
- We welcome attorneys and paralegals who wish to do pro bono work in the field of immigration. Volunteers may work with staff on clients' cases, conduct weekly intake, work with clients at weekend workshops, and conduct outreach.
- Subject areas: