Washington DC 20001
Contact: James D. Bishop , Director
Web address: www.CatholicCharitiesDC.org
- Need nonlitigator volunteers?
- Malpractice insurance for volunteers:
- Intake hours:
- Clients seen by appointment ONLY. Call Intake Line for appointment. Telephone Intake: Monday - Friday 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., 2:30 - 4:30 p.m. and Wednesdays 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Non-english services?
- Spanish;Hispanohablantes deben llamar 202-772-4325 para tener una entrevista.
- Opportunities for attorneys not admitted in D.C.:
- The ALN also handles MD cases and accordingly seeks attorneys admitted in MD.
- Need paralegal/law students:
- Training offered:
- Yes. All areas listed in Types of Services. Training for volunteer attorneys is provided several times per year. When needed, ALN will try to place a volunteer with a mentor.
- Types of services:
- Founded in 1989, the Archdiocesan Legal Network provides pro bono legal assistance to low-income District of Columbia residents who are unable to afford access to quality legal representation. The Legal Network also operates in Maryland in Montgomery, Prince George's, Calvert, Charles and St. Mary's counties.
- Volunteer needs:
- Attorneys to represent clients in the above areas of law; to conduct intake; to serve as mentors to other attorney volunteers; to assist in providing training programs and to conduct law related education seminars for the community.
- Subject areas:
- Housing, Bankruptcy, Child Custody, Landlord/Tenant, Child Support, Consumer, Differently-abled Rights, Probate, Domestic Violence, Public Benefits, Employment, Family, Taxes, Wills