- ABA Retirement Funds
- Attorney Web sites
- Brooks Brothers
- Car Buying Service
- Car Rentals
- Certificate Framing
- Credit Card
- Fastcase Online Legal Research
- Fee Recovery/Collections
- Health Clubs
- Health Proponent
- Insurance—Personal Umbrella
- Insurance—Professional Liability
- Letterhead and Stationery
- Magazine Subscriptions
- Office Supplies
- Offices, Furnished and Virtual
- Payment Processing
- Payroll Services
- Shipping Discount
- Verizon Wireless
Royalties from the District of Columbia Bars membership benefit programs contribute to the Bars nondues–funded projects, such as the Pro Bono Program and CLE.
- ABA Retirement Funds, 1-800-826-8901
- Does your retirement plan offer no out–of–pocket expenses, professional fiduciary services, a broad range of investment options, and full–service administration? Ours does! The ABA Retirement Funds Program (the "Program") has been providing affordable 401(k) plans exclusively to the legal community for 49 years. The program’s bundled approach allows your firm to keep its focus on the success of the practice. We provide you with trustee, record keeping, tax reporting, compliance testing, investment management, and participant communication services—all from a single source—at no additional cost to your firm. Maybe it’s time to find out what’s inside your 401(k). Call us at 866-812-3580 for a free consultation or visit www.abaretirement.com for more information and a prospectus.
- Attorney Web sites
- EsqSites123.com specializes in providing solo and small firm attorneys with affordable Web site design and hosting solutions. Using EsqSites123.com’s Web based software, attorneys are able to create and edit the content on their Web site using basic Internet and word processing skills. Get on the Web for less than $99.00! Visit www.esqsites123.com or call (619) 237-5422 to speak with a customer service professional.
- Brooks Brothers 1-866-515-4747
- Since 1818, Brooks Brothers has set the standard for modern American
style. Throughout the years, Brooks Brothers has become a national
icon revered for the quality and classic elegance of its services
and merchandise for men, women and boys.
Enroll for your Brooks Brothers Corporate Membership Card and Save 15% on regular and everyday value priced merchandise at Brooks Brothers U.S. branded stores nationwide, by phone or online at BrooksBrothers.com.
Enroll online at Membership.BrooksBrothers.com or by calling Corporate Incentive Services toll–free at 1-866-515-4747 (M–F, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., ET). Please reference the D.C. Bar Organization ID# 10252 and Pin Code# 39813.
The D.C. Bar Brooks Brothers Corporate Membership benefit is valid at Brooks Brothers U.S. branded stores nationwide, by phone, or online at BrooksBrothers.
com. Savings cannot be combined with any other offer, discount or promotion, or for purchases of a Gift Card. For a store location near you, please visit BrooksBrothers.com or call 1-800-274-1815.
- Car Buying Service, 301-657-1920
- D.C. Bar members can purchase domestic vehicles at $100 over dealer invoice and foreign vehicles at prenegotiated prices through United Buying Service, Inc. or UBS. UBS works with nearly 100 Washington area dealerships to secure special prenegotiated prices on virtually every make and model of car and truck on the market. UBS prices already include the invoiced fee of freight, and UBS customers are exempt from paying additional dealer processing fees. Manufacturer rebates and incentives, when available, are deducted from the UBS price to make prices even lower. To use the car buying service, members should call UBS, identify themselves as D.C. Bar members, and request a free purchase certificate for a specific vehicle (Ford, Honda, Toyota, etc.). UBS will mail the purchase certificate, which will include information on the make of car desired, the closest dealership, and the name of the UBS representative at the dealership. Once the certificate is received, make an appointment with the recommended UBS representative at the dealership and select the model of car, along with the options desired. Final pricing is determined by consulting the UBS price book at the dealership. For more information about UBS, call 301-657-1920 or visit www.ubs4cars.com.
- Car Rentals
- Avis, 1-800-698-5685
Renting a car? At Avis, we’ll try harder for you with the kind of personal service and attention that makes every rental quick and easy. Avis also provides innovative products to enhance your car rental experience. Plus, you’ll receive valuable discounts automatically by providing your D.C. Bar Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) number, B292100, every time you rent. Call 1-800-698-5685 or visit avis.com and reserve now.
Budget Rent A Car, 1-800-455-2848
D.C. Bar Members can rent Budget cars and get up to 20% off every rental. Budget allows renters to choose from a large selection of cars, at the most convenient locations while enjoying great value and service. Always provide your D.C. Bar Budget Customer Discount (BCD) V375300 and start saving today. Call 1-800-455-2848 or visit budget.com and reserve your car now.
- Carr Workplaces, 1–877–301–2093
- Carr Workplaces is proud to be the exclusive serviced office provider
to the D.C. Bar Membership Benefits Program. We provide fully–equipped,
furnished, staffed, laptop–ready work environments for boutique
firms and independent professionals. Great image, managed IT infrastructure,
flexible terms, no start–up capital costs, and never any long–term
liabilities. Full time office, part time, virtual and home office
support plans available. Meeting rooms for depositions and client
meetings, document and litigation support rooms available.
Come visit any of our 11 premier locations in the DC Area, or our 23 centers nationwide.
- DC Area
- The Willard Hotel/Office Building
- 1701 Pennsylvania Avenue
- 16th Street (at Eye)
- 1325 G Street
- Reston Town Center
- Tysons Corner
- Rosslyn–Potomac Tower
- King Street Station
- Old Town Alexandria
- Chevy Chase
- Credit Card
Introducing three great credit cards from the D.C. Bar and Capital One
The District of Columbia Bar is excited to announce its partnership with Capital One®! The exclusive D.C. Bar Visa® cards offer members three different credit options to fit their individual needs. Choose a card that can help build credit through responsible use, one with a low introductory interest rate, or one that lets you earn great rewards.
- If the rewards card is right for you, you’ll enjoy these benefits:
- Earn 1.25 miles for every $1 you spend on purchases
- Redeem miles for flights, hotel rooms, car rentals and more
- Award–winning customer service
Members can take advantage of this offer by visiting www.capitaloneconnect.com/dcbar and applying for the credit card that works for them. While online, choose from a variety of designs developed specifically for the D.C. Bar. Members may also call Capital One’s toll–free number at 1-888-922-1822 and use reservation code 11198 to learn more. Live agents are available from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 midnight (Eastern Standard Time), 7 days a week.
Credit approval required. Terms and conditions apply. Offered by Capital One N.A.
© 2012 Capital One.
- InterCall Conferencing Services Provider, 1-800-514-2818 Save Money. Communicate Smarter. Clear, cost effective communications tools are a must for every firm, large or small. As the world’s largest conferencing services provider, InterCall® is ready to help your firm save time and money with world class conferencing solutions from simple audio–conferencing to cutting edge web–conferencing platforms such as WebEx® and Microsoft Live Meeting®. All members receive exclusive member pricing on both audio and Web conferencing. There are no contracts to sign or minimum spending requirements, so sign up today! Call the Member Conferencing center at 1-800-514-2818 from 8 a.m–8 p.m. EST or visit www.intercall.com/affinity/dcbar to enroll.
- Custom D.C. Bar Certificate Frames, 1-800-200-2044
- Receive special member pricing on your D.C. Bar certificate frame
from Framing Success.
Frames feature the official gold–embossed D.C. Bar seal, museum–quality
matting, and the moulding is crafted of premium eco-friendly certified
hardwood from well–managed forests.
Members can purchase their Engraved Certificate separately from the District of Columbia Court of Appeals via the online order form or by calling 202-879-2710. Other "Forms for Bar Admissions" can be found on the D.C. Court of Appeals Web site. Other “Forms for Bar Admissions” can be found by visiting the D.C. Court of Appeals Web site.
- Electronic Payment Processing
iStream, 262-432-1552iStream offers Remote Deposit Capture, ACH Services, and Credit Card Processing all designed to streamline the payment process without the need to change existing banking relationships. Leveraging deep experience in the payment and transaction space, iStream is the provider of choice for numerous Law Firms and Bar Associations across the United States. Since inception, iStream has processed in excess of $30 billion of volume, with a continued focus on the end–customer. To find out how iStream can improve your efficiencies, please contact Adam Dixon, Program Manager at iStream Financial Services at (262) 432-1552 or ADixon@istreamfs.com.
The D.C. Bar has recently partnered with iStream Financial Services (iStream) for Check and Credit Card Processing. Founded in 2004, iStream was one of the pioneers in the Remote Deposit Capture market spawned from the passing of the Check Clearing for the 21st Century (Check 21 Act), which went in to effect on October 28, 2004. Members of the iStream Management Team played active roles in collaboration with the FDIC in the development of the guidelines and subsequent legislation of the Check 21 Act.
- Diversified Services Group, 1-888-494-7900
- Diversified Services Group has been recovering delinquent professional fees since 1978 and is the only collection service endorsed by the D.C. Bar. Diversified Services Group was selected because of its long–term commitment in this specialized area and its understanding of the unique attorney–client relationship, as well as the sensitive nature of the corresponding fees relating to those services provided. Using a combination of direct mail, direct telephone, and skip tracing, Diversified Services Group has been very successful in recovering fees of attorneys throughout the country. Its highly trained agents utilize a philosophy of dignity, respect, fairness, and sensitivity throughout the collection process and are fully aware of the emotional involvement with these types of financial obligations. When members choose Diversified Services Group, they benefit from a substantially discounted fee of 28 percent, compared to other agencies that can charge up to one–third of the collected amount or higher. Also, Diversified charges no upfront fees or start–up costs, and members only pay for what is actually recovered. For more information call 1-888-494-7900, or e–mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit us on the Web at www.divservgrp.com.
- Fastcase Online Legal Research
- Active and judicial D.C. Bar members now have access to Fastcase’s comprehensive online law library. Fastcase is a DC–based company that combines the best of legal research with th
e best of Web search, to provide active or judicial members with a powerful tool for finding the law. The Fastcase service for active and judicial members includes free access to D.C. and federal codes and regulations; users may add unlimited access to the full Fastcase law library for just $195 per year, an 80 percent discount off the standard cost. Enterprise licenses are also available for law firms and organizations. To access Fastcase, users must use their dcbar.org login credentials at www.dcbar.org/fastcase/login. For login questions, please send a message to email@example.com For Fastcase–specific questions, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fastcase 2013 Webinar Schedule
Have you used Fastcase lately? It’s free to active and judicial members, and it can save both time and money in online legal research. Fastcase can also provide enterprise solutions for offices with large legal staff, and has done so with many of the big–name firms in town. Learn more about Fastcase at one of their upcoming Webinars or contact Fastcase at email@example.com.
- Health Clubs
- Sports Club/LA, 202-974-6609
Sports Club/LA, located at 22nd and M Streets NW, is a 100,000–square–foot luxury sports and fitness facility that offers more than 40 sports and fitness options under one roof, from private training to group exercise. The facility includes squash and basketball courts, swimming pools, and a wide variety of weight training and cardiovascular equipment. In addition to workout facilities, the Club features a full–service spa, salon, and cafe. D.C. Bar members receive preferred membership rates. (Discount only valid at the D.C. location.) The Sports Club/LA provides a variety of programs to its partners to assist employees in establishing and maintaining a healthy lifestyle through complimentary fitness seminars, private group exercise classes, fitness demonstrations, and use of club facilities at preferred rates. Please contact Rick Fichter, sales manager, at 202-974-6609 or e–mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Health Proponent 866-939-3435
- Offers access to expert, personalized help to resolve a full range of healthcare and insurance–related problems, and can save you time, money and worry. Health Proponent can help: Resolve insurance claims, find the right doctors, hospitals and dentists, Negotiate reduction of medical bills, Assist with elder care and untangle healthcare benefits. Visit www.health
proponent. com/dcbar for more information about Health Proponent and special pricing for D.C. Bar members.
- Health Insurance 888–715–6588
- The program is brought to you by Affinity Program Partners and administered by JLBG Health, the largest health insurance provider to Associations in the US. This Health Insurance Program can help provide members, their employees, and families with comprehensive major medical insurance coverage. Note: Features are subject to state availability and may not apply to all members.
Medical Coverage and Ancillary Benefits
- Premium savings.
- A wide variety of choices for coverage from HSAs to PPOs for members, their employees or family.
- 10% healthy member discount & preferred rates.
- Optional free Health Savings Account.
- Optional PPO or traditional health plan with extensive networks.
- Plans with a $20, $25, $30 or $40 copay for doctor visits.
- Wellness benefits and Prescription Drug Card.
- Worldwide coverage, 24–hours a day.
- Enhanced wellness benefits based on PPACA Guidelines effective September 23, 2010.
- Tele–Express, phone application—no paper applications to complete.
- Dental Insurance available with or without medical.
- Vision Insurance available with or without medical.
- Critical Illness coverage available that pays a cash benefit directly to you.
To learn more about the options available to lower your health insurance costs and maintain comprehensive coverage, visit www.DCBarHealthPlans.com for an instant online rate or contact JLBG Health at 1-888-715-6588 for more details, member rates, and a 15–minute phone application.
- GEICO Auto Insurance, 1-800-368-2734
The GEICO Auto Insurance Program offers members quality car insurance with complete 24–hour sales, policy, and claims service. As a member of the D.C. Bar, you may qualify for an additional member discount off GEICOs already low rates. Call 1-800-368-2734 for a free quote, or obtain one online.
- Personal Umbrella Coverage, 609-818-9534
- The D.C. Bar has partnered with the Leeward Group for a Group Personal Umbrella product. This policy offers broad coverage for additional asset protection over existing homeowners and/or auto policies. As an example of the broad coverage provided, the Bar’s umbrella product includes $1M of Excess Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists protection—where most personal umbrella policies exclude UM/UIM due to the increasing exposure presented by Uninsured and/or Underinsured drivers. This is a standalone personal umbrella policy, meaning that one does not have to change their underlying home or auto insurance company—or even their underlying agent. The Bar has also negotiated discounted group rates, including no surcharges for youthful drivers or multiple residences. Coverage is backed by an “A” rated, billion–dollar insurance company. This program is administered by the Leeward Group, a nationally–licensed risk management firm that services numerous group programs for Bar Associations. Members may contact Bill Cleave with any questions at 609-818-9534 or email@example.com. Members can also visit www.dcbarxs.com for further information or to get a quote via the short 11–question application.
- Letterhead and Stationery
- Samson Paper Company, 1-800-523-1000
The Samson Paper Company is a leading supplier of engraved and printed stationery in the United States, and in 2010 is celebrating 100 years of serving the legal profession. Samson Paper will give members 10 to 25 percent off any current invoice and will hold these prices for at least 18 months. Samson Papers quality is guaranteed, and you do not pay until after you receive the supplies and are fully satisfied. Contact Samson Paper at 1-800-523-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Magazine Subscriptions, 1-800-289-6247
- For years the D.C. Bar has been proud to offer deep discounts on magazine subscriptions as one of its membership benefits. Orders placed through the D.C. Bar Magazine Program can be for new subscriptions as well as renewals, no matter how the subscription was originally ordered. And since the same low rates apply to new subscriptions, renewals, and gifts, members have the convenience of placing all of their magazine orders and customer service with one vendor. Magazine Program partner Subscription Services Inc. creates an account for the subscriber and sends alerts when it is time to renew. Save time and money! Call 1-800-289-6247 to obtain a current price list, or visit Subscription Services.
- Office Supplies
- The D.C. Bar and Office Depot have developed a group purchasing
agreement for more than 15,000 office products, as well as a range
of additional value–added services. The program features discounts
of up to 50 percent on frequently ordered law firm products and up
to 10 percent discount on retail Web site pricing for all other products.
- Order online anytime, day or night
- Next–day delivery on orders placed by 5 p.m.
- Copy and print discounts
- Discounted furniture solutions
- Coffee and break room solutions
- In–store discounts (account required)
- Lawyers Professional Liability Insurance, 800-265-2876 x11441
The D. C. Bar has partnered with USI Affinity to provide a Lawyers Professional Liability (LPL) program to D.C. Bar members. USI Affinity is a nationwide leader in designing and administering Bar Association insurance programs, with more than 50 years experience insuring attorneys, and is the insurance plan administrator for more than 400 associations nationwide, representing some 15 million members.
USI Affinity built its leadership position on personal service. Representatives work closely with law firms to understand their practice and the risks they face, then obtain coverage tailored to their individual needs. USI Affinity’s extensive experience combined with their market position and strong relationships with top insurance companies give them the ability to design comprehensive, customized coverage at competitive prices.
To learn more about the Lawyers Professional Liability insurance program for D. C. lawyers, call Mike Mooney, 800-265-2876 x11441, or visit www.USIAffinity.com/DCBar to request a free quote.
- SurePayroll, 1-877-954-7873
- As the leading online alternative, SurePayroll is dedicated to providing a simple, convenient and accurate online payroll service at a price small business owners can afford. D.C. Bar members will now be able to enroll with SurePayroll and run payroll in 2 minutes or less, and do it at a discounted members’ rate. The service also files and pays all payroll taxes with guaranteed accuracy, so costly penalties are avoided.
Payroll can be run anywhere, anytime online, including from your smartphone. Free apps are available for iPhone, iPad, and Android to provide an easy way to complete payroll when out of the office. SurePayroll also provides unlimited customer service via phone, e–mail or chat 6 days a week; free direct deposit; secure online employee access; and real–time online payroll reports available minutes after payroll is approved. Visit SurePayroll or call 1-877-954-7873 to get more information on how can help your firm.
- UPS 1–800–325–7000
- Members can benefit from savings with the Enhanced UPS Advantage Program. This revamped UPS program is designed to provide reliable, responsive, cost–effective shipping services. Members will receive UPS products and services at discounts of up to 26% with no minimum shipping requirements or sign–up fees.
UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a global leader in supply chain services, with over 12 years of affinity program management experience. D.C. Bar members not only benefit with shipping discounts but also with UPS’s streamlined shipping process that creates value beyond on–time delivery.
See complete details or enroll today, or call (800) 325-7000 using promo code SER068. Members with UPS accounts created prior to August 1, 2010 must re–enroll into this new UPS Savings Program to take advantage of the better rates.
- Verizon Wireless
D.C. Bar members now have access to exclusive discounts from NPP’s preferred partner Verizon, the nation’s largest and most reliable 4G and 3G networks. Offices only need to meet the two–line requirement to be eligible. Details about the Verizon program:
Corporate Liable Plans
- 22% off eligible monthly access fees of 34.99 or higher on corporate liable lines
- Data for 3G/4G devices is now $20 for 3GB
- 22% discount on eligible add–on data plans of $24.99 or higher
Employee Liable Plans
- This feature is available to employees of law firms that utilize the NPP corporate discount
- Up to 18% discount on eligible calling plans of $34.99 or higher (15% discount, plus 3% when enrolled in paperless billing)
This offer is only available through our partnership with National Purchasing Partners. Existing Verizon Wireless account holders may take advantage but must register with NPP for approval. If you are not already an NPP member, registering is free:
- Go to www.mynpp.com
- Click “Join Now”
- Select “Legal” from the dropdown menu
- Select the "District of Columbia Bar" from the dropdown menu
- Complete the registration form
Please contact Cynthia Davis at 206–625–7441 or email@example.com with any questions about our program. New enhancements to the D.C. Bar Verizon program occur regularly (such as Paperless Billing, now available!), join NPP now and see just how much you can save off your wireless bill, mobile data, and even accessories.Verizon Eligibility Requirements: Each member must derive all of its revenue from the legal profession and the practice of law and be a licensed practicing attorney in good standing with its state bar or a law firm including mediation lawyers. Eligibility shall also be extended to corporate and employee lines of an association or union within the legal industry. Two corporate lines required. Federal Tax ID required.