- ADA Request or “Special Needs”
- If you have a special need and require an accommodation for an event, please notify the sponsoring office in writing at least 5 business days in advance of the event.
It is the intent of the D.C. Bar to provide accessibility to Bar programs to any qualified member, or participant with a disability, upon reasonable notice and without requiring action which would result in a fundamental alteration in the nature of the program or in undue financial burden.Continuing Legal Education 202-626-3488; firstname.lastname@example.org or
Sections Office 202-626-3463
- Event Cancellation/Postponement
- If an event must be postponed or canceled for any reason, including inclement weather, every effort will be made to notify those who have pre-registered and have provided a contact phone number or e–mail address. Canceled events will be publicized on the D.C. Bar phone line and on the D.C. Bar Web site as quickly as possible. If an event is to be rescheduled, all registrants will be notified of the new course date.
- Evening parking for D.C. Bar events is available (fee of $9, subject to change) at the D.C. Bar building after 5 p.m. The garage entrance is on 12th Street. You must enter by 7 p.m. and park on the 3rd or 4th level to access the building elevators. To enter the building, take the elevator from parking level 3 or 4 to the first floor. Daytime parking is also available for $20.
- Pro Bono Trainings
- Participants attending pro bono trainings offered by the D.C. Bar Pro Bono Program are required to perform pro bono legal services for a Pro Bono training event sponsoring organization. This rule may be waived for individuals who are employed by a nonprofit legal service provider. Interns and loaned associates are considered to be “employed by” the organizations with which they are affiliated. Any other pro bono requirement waiver may be obtained on a case by case basis by directing requests to the staff attorney & training manager at 202-737-4700 x3293. Attorneys who are not licensed in the District of Columbia should review D.C. Court of Appeals Rule 49, which allows non–D.C. attorneys to engage in pro bono work under certain circumstances.
Pro Bono Training Refund Policy: To cancel a registration and receive a refund for a pro bono training offered by the D.C. Bar Pro Bono Program, please send an email request at least seven (7) days prior to the training session to Shannon Redd, staff attorney and training program manager. Requests can also be mailed to the D.C. Bar Pro Bono Program, c/o Shannon Redd, 1101 K Street NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20005-4210.
All cancellation and refund requests for pro bono trainings conducted by the D.C. Bar Pro Bono Program must be received seven (7) days before the training session date.
Registration Cancellation/Refund Policy
- To cancel a registration and receive a refund, please send a written cancellation request to the sponsoring program office: D.C. Bar CLE Program or D.C. Bar Sections Program, 1101 K Street NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20005.
For CLE events, fax to: 202-942-9750. For Section events fax to: 202-626-3453. All requests must be received two or more business days before the course date and will be subject to an administrative fee ($20 fee for events with registration fees over $35; $5 fee for events with registration fees of $35 or less). Please note that if you need to cancel or reschedule your registration for the Mandatory Course, a $60 fee must accompany each request to do so.
- Refunds for canceled event
- If an event is cancelled or postponed, registrants will be given the option of canceling their registration, receiving a full refund of the registration fee, applying their registration payment to another event, or attending the event if the event is rescheduled. Registrants will be required to select an option by a specified deadline.
Late Cancellation Policy/No Show Policy
- Registrants who are “no-shows” for an event, or cancel
a registration less than two business days before a scheduled event,
will not qualify for a refund. In lieu of canceling a registration,
a registrant may send a substitute in his or her place (see substitution
Registrants may request any handout materials from the event, and these will be provided, if available. For courses sponsored by the D.C. Bar CLE Program, registrants who miss a course will automatically receive a copy of the course materials by mail.
- Late Arrivals
- Reservations for most D.C. Bar events are held for 20 minutes after the slated event start time. After that time, reservations may not be honored if there is a waiting list for the event. However, late arrivals are not permitted into the Mandatory Course. Paid reservations for CLE courses (excluding the Mandatory Course) will be honored, but CLE credit adjustments are required. In addition, some MCLE states do not grant credit for late arrivals.
- Receipts for pre-paid events will only be issued, upon request, after payment has been received and verified. However, all cash payments will receive a receipt.
- Reduced fees may be granted for CLE courses and Section events to attorney registrants who demonstrate a financial need and case loads or practice areas that relate to a particular course. All reduced fee requests must be submitted to the CLE or Sections Director in writing no less than two business days prior to the course date.
- Pre-registration is encouraged for all events/courses. Registration does not close for events unless the event/course fills to capacity. However, late registrants may not receive course materials until after the event, depending on attendance levels. Note: For the Mandatory Course, the D.C. Conference or any D.C. Bar Membership meeting, advance registrations must be received by 2:00 pm the day before the event.
- Onsite registrations are accepted on a “first come,
first served” basis and are subject to space availability and
an administrative fee as follows:
- $60 fee and arrival by 9 a.m. for the Mandatory Course (no admittance after 9 a.m.)
- $20 onsite fee for events/courses with registration fees over $35
- No onsite fee for events with registration fees of $35 or less
- Online registrations are encouraged. Payments for D.C. Bar events may be paid by cash, American Express, VISA, MasterCard, check or government purchase order and can be mailed, with a registration form, to: the D.C. Bar CLE Program at the above address or faxed to 202-942-9750 (for Section events fax directly to Sections Office: 202-626-3453. Phone registrations are accepted only for CLE courses (202-626-3488) and the Mandatory Course (202-626-1315), and may be made only by American Express, Visa, or MasterCard. Registrations without an accompanying payment will not be processed.
Events with Food Service
- Registrations received less than two business days before an event where food will be served are not guaranteed food service.
Requests for Special Dietary Accommodations
- If you have a special dietary need, please submit your request for accommodation at least five business days in advance of the Mandatory course and at least one day prior to any section event.
Returned Check Policy
- There will be a $15 charge for all returned checks.
Section Subscriber Rates
- Section Subscribers will receive the Section Member rate for any event/course.
- Substitutes are permitted for paid reservations. Any difference in fees between member and non-member rates will be due at the event.