The panelists will address three basic issues: (1) the status of the Guantanamo detainees, and whether there is still an expectation that the detention center will be closed; (2) the impact of Supreme Court jurisprudence on the detentions and trials of detainees; and (3) consideration of a proposal that a separate court, similar to the FISA Court, be established for trial within the US of those accused of terrorist acts against the US or its citizens.
This Off the Record evening program is sponsored by the D.C. Bar International Law Section and is presented in cooperation with the ABA Standing Committee on National Security Law, the Bar Association of D.C. National Security Law and Policy Section, and the Georgetown Center on National Security and the Law.
Remarks made during "Off the Record" programs may not be used for publication.
Arnold & Porter LLP
555 12th Street, NW
(Metro Center Metro Station)
Washington DC 20004
- Sections Office 202-626-3463
- Jennifer Daskal, Georgetown University School of Law
- Adam Thurschwell, of the Office of Military Commissions - Defense
- Professor Stephen L. Vladeck, American University, Washington College of Law
- Captain Ed White, of the Office of Military Commissions - Prosecution
- Mary Ann McGrail, (Moderator)
- CLE Credit
ABA Standing Committee on National Security Law $20.00
Bar Assoc. of D.C. Nat'l Security Law and Policy $20.00
Georgetown Center on National Security and the Law $20.00
Government and Non-Profit Employees $10.00
International Law Section $20.00
Law Students $5.00
Non-Section Members $25.00