Our expert panel will discuss the issues you are likely to encounter when dealing with an underfunded defined benefit plan. Topics will include a primer on the funding rules, reportable events, ensuring compliance with the benefit restriction rules, options for addressing unaffordable contributions, negotiating with PBGC (Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation), and evaluating defined benefit plans in the context of M&A (mergers and acquisitions) transactions.
This luncheon program is sponsored by the Employee Benefits Committee of the Taxation Section.
D.C. Bar Conference Center
1101 K Street, NW, Conference Center
Washington DC 20005
- Sections Office 202-626-3463
- Harold J. Ashner, Keightley & Ashner LLP
- Donald E. Fuerst, Senior Pension Fellow, American Academy of Actuaries
- Rhonda G. Migdail, Keightly & Ashner LLP
- Seth J. Safra, Covington & Burling LLP (Moderator)
- CLE Credit
Government and Non-Profit Employees $5.00
Government Brown Bag (Please bring Government ID) $0.00
Law Students $5.00
Non-Section Members $35.00
Taxation Section $25.00