This session is designed to discuss the judicial application, nomination, and appointment process for the District of Columbia Court of Appeals and the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. The session is also designed to answer questions from lawyers who aspire to be a judge, contemplate submitting an application for a judicial vacancy, or seek information about the local judicial nomination and appointment process. Qualifications for judicial applicants and the selection of nominees will be discussed. A description of the District of Columbia Judicial Nomination Commission and its role in the nomination process will be presented. There will be a Q & A session.
This program will be presented as part of the 2013 District of Columbia Judicial and Bar Conference, "Redeeming Gideon: Access to Counsel 50 Years Later." For more information or to register for the full conference, click on the "More Info" link below.
International Trade Center/Ronald Reagan
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington DC 20004
- Verniesa R. Allen (202) 626-3439
- Hon. Emmet Sullivan, US District Court DC
- Kathleen Hartnett
- Natalie Ludaway, Leftwich & Ludaway LLC
- Woody Peterson, Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Karl Racine, Venable LLP
- Grace Speights, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Kim Whatley, DC Judicial Nomination Comm
- Thomas Williamson, Covington & Burling LLP
- CLE Credit
Individual Seminar Ticket - FREE $0.00