- **This is a previously recorded webinar/webcast program. After registration has closed the recorded link will be emailed to you with the viewing URL. All registrants of this program will have seven (7) days to view it.
Note: You will need to have a headset or working computer speakers to hear the audio portion of the presentation.
In the first of our two-part series on employment leave, a panel to include Lynn McIntosh, Counsel at the U.S. Department of Labor's Labor Standards Division, and E. Pierce Blue and Paul Kehoe, Special Assistants to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) Commissioners Chai Feldblum and Victoria Lipnic, will discuss the intersection of eligibility and benefits under the Family and Medical Leave Act, leave as a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Workers' Compensation Act leave, and employer provided benefits. The panelists will provide a basic framework for audience members new to this area of employment law, as well as perspectives from their agencies on enforcement efforts and administrative exhaustion issues.
The second panel in our series will provide a case law update and practitioner current issues discussion, including family responsibilities discrimination issues, the proposed Pregnant Workers Fairness Act, and implications for workers who go out on short- or long-term disability leave. Stay tuned for more information, including scheduling, on our second employment leave panel.
This program was sponsored by the Labor and Employment Law Section, in cosponsorship with the Administrative Law and Agency Practice Section, Health Law Section, Real Estate, Housing and Land Use Section and Taxation Section.
Washington DC 20005
- Sections Office 202-626-3463
- E. Pierce Blue, Special Assistant and Attorney Advisor, Office of EEOC Commissioner Chai Feldblum
- Laura Fentonmiller, Deputy Employment Counsel, Civil Rights Division, U.S. Department of Justice (Moderator)
- Paul H Kehoe, Special Assistant and Attorney Advisor, Office of EEOC Commissioner Victoria Lipnic
- Lynn McIntosh, Counsel for Legal Advice, Fair Labor Standards Division, U.S. Department of Labor
- Emily Read, Staff Attorney, The Judge David L. Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law (Moderator)
- CLE Credit
**Webinar (Info. will be e-mailed to registrants) $35.00