- **This is a free event, no registration is required.
Given that over 85% of litigants in family law matters do not have legal representation, you are bound to communicate with a pro se litigant at some point in your practice. At times, this communication can be challenging and presents a host of ethical issues for you to consider. This program will examine this interaction and provide pointers on how to effectively communicate with a pro se litigant without falling into an ethical conundrum.
The panelists will discuss topics such as: (1) conflicts of interest, (2) the attorney-client relationship (beginning, ending and scope) and (3) interacting with pro se individuals with diminished capacity.
This event is sponsored by the Family Law Section.
D.C. Superior Court
500 Indiana Avenue, NW, Room 2500
(Judiciary Square Metro)
Washington DC 20001
- Sections Office 202-626-3463
- Hon. Judge Danya Dayson, Associate Judge, Superior Court for the District of Columbia
- Dolores Dorsainvil, Esq., Senior Staff Attorney, District of Columbia Office of Bar Counsel
- Jessica Adler, Esq., The Law Office of Jessica E. Adler (Moderator)
- CLE Credit
**This is a free event, no registration required. $0.00