Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of assistance does the Practice Management Advisory Service
- The PMAS provides information and assistance to Bar members on most
aspects of managing their law practice. Assistance is available by
telephone and through scheduled on-site management assessments.
- What type of assistance is the PMAS unable to provide?
- The PMAS does not provide assistance on substantive legal issues
or perform any office functions for Bar members.
- What will it cost?
- At present all services of the PMAS are free of charge to D.C. Bar
- Is the PMAS assistance treated confidentially?
- Yes, however, prior to an in-office management assessment, the lawyer(s)
must agree to abide by specific confidentiality guidelines.
- What other services does the PMAS provide?
- The PMAS publishes practice management resource materials and maintains
a library of law practice management books and periodicals. The PMAS
also assists in developing law practice management continuing legal
education programs for the District of Columbia Bar. Finally, the
PMAS also provides practice monitors to assist Bar members in the