Tax Sale Resource Center
The Tax Sale Resource Center provides free legal information to self-represented homeowners and other interested parties seeking to avoid foreclosure of real property because of outstanding debts to the District of Columbia government.
Volunteer attorneys at the center:
- Screen and counsel homeowners on their rights and options
- Review the records at the Office of Tax and Revenue for errors or irregularities
- Review all notices for compliance with the law
- Assist homeowners with settlement negotiations and redemption plans, including negotiating attorney fees
- Make referrals to other pro bono attorneys for representation in appropriate cases
Hours of Operation
Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
H. Carl Moultrie Courthouse
500 Indiana Avenue, NW