Tax Sale Resource Center
The Tax Sale Resource Center provides free legal information to self-represented homeowners and other interested parties seeking to avoid foreclosure of real property because of outstanding debts to the District of Columbia government.
Volunteer attorneys at the center:
- Screen and counsel homeowners on their rights and options
- Review the records at the Office of Tax and Revenue for errors or irregularities
- Review all notices for compliance with the law
- Assist homeowners with settlement negotiations and redemption plans, including negotiating attorney fees
- Make referrals to other pro bono attorneys for representation in appropriate cases
Hours of Operation
The Tax Sale Resource Center will be closed on Wednesday, December 23rd and Wednesday, December 30th as there is no tax sale docket on those dates. It will reopen on January 6th.
Effective January 6th, the new Tax Sale Resource Center hours will be Wednesdays, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
H. Carl Moultrie Courthouse
500 Indiana Avenue, NW