Open topic with navigation
Select Rendering Mode
The Select Rendering Mode dialog displays when you click the Render Mode option from the Custom Element edit menu. This dialog presents multiple rendering options for Custom Element data.
Display and edit current element data - Provides the ability to display and edit the last data item you entered from this instance on this page. Use this option if you only want to display the current record (this is common for a local Custom Element on the page on which it is entered).
Display one or more existing element data records - Allows content reuse, with two configurations. Each of the configurations has similar workflows.
- Render results dynamically based on a filter or display all records. This configuration allows you to render multiple records from this Custom Element no matter where in the site they were added. If you choose to render results dynamically, clicking Next displays the Dynamic Filter dialog with a Preview option.
Clicking the Advanced button displays options for applying the dynamic filters you select to records returned by Facet Navigation or Query-by-Example Elements, as shown below. If you are currently using either of these Elements on the same page as the Custom Element, optionally include this criteria and click Save.
- Manually select data to render allows you to select one or more existing records to be displayed for this element type, and to order them through a drag and drop interface. If you choose to manually select data for rendering you will have filtering, selection and editing options.
- Display a record based on URL parameter is an option used mostly by developers to render a specific custom element record based on that record's unique ID, which is passed to the page containing the Custom Element as a URL parameter, as shown in the dialog example. Use this option, typically with a render handler, to specify viewing pages for Element data without having to separately set the viewing page through Manage Elements - Viewing Page and Search Properties. Click Save to use this method for retrieving and rendering records.
You can download PDF versions of the Content Contributor's, Administrator's, and Elements Reference documents from the support section of paperthin.com (requires login).
- What's New in CommonSpot 6.0
- CommonSpot 6.0.0 Menu Quick Reference
- Developer's Guide
- Template Developer's Guide
- Style Sheet Reference Guide
- Shared Database Configuration Guide
- Replication vs Shared Database Guide
- Static Content Generation Guide
- Performance Recommendations Guide
For technical support:
Open topic with navigation