Open topic with navigation
Edit Form Field
The New Form Field and Edit Form Field dialogs let you create or edit the fields included in a Simple Form Element. Open this dialog from the Edit Simple Form Fields dialog by clicking the Add New Field link. (For an existing field, open this dialog by clicking the name or by clicking the edit icon .)
The controls in this dialog are:
- Type -Select from the dropdown list the desired field type. CommonSpot supports over two dozen different built-in field, and you can build your own custom field types. More information is in the CommonSpot Administrator’s Reference.
- Field Name -Enter the desired field name in the box provided. Require input for all types of Custom Element fields. Click on the orange arrow to automatically copy the field name to the Label field on the Other Properties tab, or select a different name for the label, if desired.
- Label -The label, not the field name, is presented to the user indicating the data required. It may be the same as the field name. Requires input for all types of form fields.
- Shared - If the field is marked as shared, CommonSpot shares it across all references of its use. For example if the field is a drop down list, and you add new members, CommonSpot updates all occurrences of the field so that they display thel new items.
- Description - If the field is marked as shared, CommonSpot shares it across all references of its use. For example if the field is a drop down list, and you add new members, CommonSpot updates all occurrences of the field to display new items.
- Required -Fields can be marked as being required, and/or shared. Fields marked as required are mandatory. If the field is not filled in, CommonSpot displays a warning message, and the user cannot continue without providing a value.
You will need to complete the information in both tabs. The contents of the Other Properties tab depends upon the type of field selected in the Standard Properties tab.
Please refer to the CommonSpot Administrator Guide for additional information on custom Elements and the ColdFusion Expression dialog.
Click Create to save the field and return to the Edit Simple Form Fields dialog.
You can download PDF versions of the Content Contributor's, Administrator's, and Elements Reference documents from the support section of paperthin.com (requires login).
- What's New in CommonSpot 6.0
- CommonSpot 6.0.0 Menu Quick Reference
- Developer's Guide
- Template Developer's Guide
- Style Sheet Reference Guide
- Shared Database Configuration Guide
- Replication vs Shared Database Guide
- Static Content Generation Guide
- Performance Recommendations Guide
For technical support:
Open topic with navigation