Open topic with navigation
Edit Column Properties
The Edit Column Properties dialog box allows you to control the appearance of each data column in a Datasheet Element. Open this dialog from the Datasheet View Columns dialog by clicking the Edit icon.
Note: You can edit or delete records in a datasheet on a Read Only Production Server only in a shared database environment. Authoring Server Datasheets containing Edit and Delete columns are not rendered on Read Only Production Servers in a replication environment.
The available settings are:
- Header - Enter the text that will appear in the column header row.
- Hidden - Check this box to hide the column. Even though CommonSpot does not display the column, its data is still passed to an Action Column module, but is not displayed on the page.
- Prevent field text from wrapping - Check this box to force CommonSpot to adjust the column's width so that the data will appear on a single line.
- Minimum Width - Enter the minimum width in pixels. If this value is zero, no minimum width is set.
- Render Handler - Click the Change button to invoke the Render Handler Module dialog where you can select a different render handler.
- Column Style - This setting is only available when style sheets are turned on for the page. Select from the available classes or the default class. This class will override any specified in the standard style dialog.
- Click Action - You can name a page that CommonSpot opens when the user clicks within a cell or a row.
- Format Mask - The Format Mask provides formatting options for the individual fields including None, Date/Time, URL, Email, CommonSpot User, and Number. If your choice requires that you enter additional information, CommonSpot displays more information below this field. For example, if you select URL, the dialog box now as a URL Action field (this has three options: "Standard link", "Open Link in new window", and "Execute Module"). As Execute Module was selected, CommonSpot adds a Module button that when pressed displays a file system browser from which you can select the module.
Click Save to save your settings for this column and return to the Datasheet View Columns dialog box.
You can download PDF versions of the Content Contributor's, Administrator's, and Elements Reference documents from the support section of paperthin.com (requires login).
- What's New in CommonSpot 6.0
- CommonSpot 6.0.0 Menu Quick Reference
- Developer's Guide
- Template Developer's Guide
- Style Sheet Reference Guide
- Shared Database Configuration Guide
- Replication vs Shared Database Guide
- Static Content Generation Guide
- Performance Recommendations Guide
For technical support:
Open topic with navigation