Open topic with navigation
Pages by Static Properties
Sites with Static Content Generation installed can access the Pages by Static Properties report from the Reports menu.
This report lists all of the pages contained within the specified subsite/child subsites, grouped according to the page’s static state. You should initially run this from the root subsite, for a complete view of your site.
This report groups pages by their current static content generation setting (see Static Content Generation States) and categorizes pages that cannot be made static with the primary reason they must be dynamic.
Use this report to identify those pages CommonSpot considers dynamic. Pages that are auto-detect dynamic are good candidates for further investigation. Why are they dynamic? Is anything that is inappropriately configured for dynamic page rendering? Pages listed under the different Required Dynamic settings have a more clearly identified cause for the Required Dynamic state. Review these to make sure that pages are appropriately activated, have the proper security, and are not inappropriately expired.
The Status column displays the following:
- Forced Static - The state of the page is manually set to static, indicating that page content is constant for at least a known period of time. The content is served from the static server. All CommonSpot-generated links to this page will use the static server’s URL for this page. Note that it may be desirable to periodically regenerate a static version of a dynamic page. If the state is configured to be Forced Dynamic the user may also configure the schedule for regenerating the page’s static version.
- Auto Unknown – CommonSpot automatically detects page state as content is created or updated. CommonSpot interprets pages not yet rendered as “undetected” or “unknown.” This is the default setting when a site is initially converted, but static pages have not been published. Initiating the regeneration of static content forces page rendering, and changes page state from Auto Unknown to one of the other non-forced states.
- Auto Detect (Static) - CommonSpot automatically detects this page’s state as content is updated. The state applies to pages that have been rendered, and as of the last rendering/publication, contain no detectable dynamic content. The page type is served from the static server, and all link references point to the page on the appropriate static server.
- Auto Detect (Dynamic) - CommonSpot automatically detects this page’s state as content is updated. The page has been rendered, and as of the last rendering/publication, one or more elements or other components of the page causes it to render dynamically. This page is served from the dynamic server and all link references point to the page on the appropriate dynamic server. The static server redirects all requests for this page to the dynamic server.
You can download PDF versions of the Content Contributor's, Administrator's, and Elements Reference documents from the support section of paperthin.com (requires login).
- What's New in CommonSpot 6.0
- CommonSpot 6.0.0 Menu Quick Reference
- Developer's Guide
- Template Developer's Guide
- Style Sheet Reference Guide
- Shared Database Configuration Guide
- Replication vs Shared Database Guide
- Static Content Generation Guide
- Performance Recommendations Guide
For technical support:
Open topic with navigation