Open topic with navigation
Access this dialog either by clicking View Usage or by selecting Usage from the edit menu for an individual Element in the Manage Elements dialog.
Note: The Element Usage report contains records for rendered CommonSpot Elements only. Elements that have not yet been published, including those set to render within a Scheduled Element timetable, are not included within this report.
If you have recently upgraded CommonSpot or have cleared the ElementInstance table for your site, this report may not show all Element instances. In this case, run the Build Cache Files utility to update Element records to more accurately check usage.
You can filter using these options:
- Subsite - Select from the dropdown, or click the subsite search icon . Optionally check Include Child Subsites to display usage for the selected subsite and all the subsites it contains. Leave this unchecked to view usage for the selected subsite only.
- Cache Status - Pick from the dropdown to filter by dynamic/static status as described below.
The columns in the dialog are as follows:
- Page Title - The name of the page using the element. Click on the title to display the page.
- Subsite - Element location. In the example above, all Elements are contained in the /issues/ subsite. If you checked Include Child Subsites this table reports Element usage within all the subsites below. Otherwise, CommonSpot reports on the current subsite only.
- Element - Displays the name assigned to the Element.
- Cache Status - Displays state information for the Element You can filter for status through the Cache Status dropdown, or click to sort by column head.
- Static - Element is rendered from stored data.
- Dynamic - Element data is newly rendered on each request.
- Semi-Dynamic - Element comprises data that is partially stored and newly rendered on each request.
- Unknown - CommonSpot cannot detect Element state.
- Valid Until - Displays the time, if any, at which the element's cache will expire. After it expires, CommonSpot rebuilds it the next time the Element is requested.
- Other - If content is dynamically generated, this column displays dynamic type.
You can download PDF versions of the Content Contributor's, Administrator's, and Elements Reference documents from the support section of paperthin.com (requires login).
- What's New in CommonSpot 6.0
- CommonSpot 6.0.0 Menu Quick Reference
- Developer's Guide
- Template Developer's Guide
- Style Sheet Reference Guide
- Shared Database Configuration Guide
- Replication vs Shared Database Guide
- Static Content Generation Guide
- Performance Recommendations Guide
For technical support:
Open topic with navigation