Open topic with navigation
Add Site Permissions
CommonSpot gives you very fine control over securing site content and administration, to improve organizational efficiency and help you avoid workflow bottlenecks. Use this dialog to selectively assign rights to users and groups at the site level.
You can only assign site-level permissions to either shared or dedicated contributors.
You cannot assign rights to groups containing members who are not contributors.
You can enable/disable sharing of shortcuts and saved searches and specific Site Administration functions.
Access this dialog by expanding Security in the left panel of the Site Administration Dashboard and clicking Site General Security. Click the edit icon for a selected user to display this dialog in edit mode, as shown below, or add permissions through the Add User(s) or Add Group(s) functions.
CommonSpot logically groups related rights. For example, selecting Manage Saved Searches automatically selects Make Saved Search Public and Use Site Administration Page, since these rights are necessary for using the Site Administration - Utilities - Manage Saved Searches option
Mouseover to view larger
This dialog displays in edit mode for current users/groups, as shown, and includes the following options:
- Site Administration: Assigns full administrative rights to the current site These rights include access to all Site Administration Dashboard options. Selecting this option automatically enables all other options, as shown above.
- Make Saved Search Public: Make saved searches available to others by adding user or group rights to a saved search for sharing. Users with this privilege have access to the Saved Searches Security dialog.
- Make Shortcuts Public: Make saved searches available to others by adding user or group rights to a shortcut for sharing. Users with this privilege have access to the Shortcut Security dialog.
- Manage Full-Text Search Collections: Maintain full-text search collections for the site through Manage Full-Text Search Collections.
- Manage Elements: Create and administer Element definitions and permissions through the Manage Elements dialog.
- Manage Field Types and Masks: Register, modify, and delete custom field types and masks through Field Types and Masks.
- Manage Categories: Add, edit, and delete available categories through the Manage Content Categories.
- Manage Image Gallery: Add, edit, and delete public images for this site. See "Image Security" in the Content Contributor's Reference.
- Manage Keywords: Add, edit, and delete keywords through the Manage Keywords dialog.
- Manage Metadata Forms: Add, edit, and delete metadata forms through the Metadata Forms dialog.
- Manage Page Sets: Create and modify page sets through the New - Page Set option. See My Page Sets in the Content Contributor's Reference. for details.
- Manage Visitor Context: Create, change, or remove rules for selectively serving content based on visitor context at your site.
- Manage Saved Search: Add, edit, and delete saved searches at your site through Manage Saved Searches.
- Manage Shortcuts: Allows the user to add, edit, and delete Shortcuts for your site. See Manage Shortcuts
- Manage Simple Forms: Manage data submitted through simple forms through the Simple Forms dialog.
- Manage Static Content Generation: Enables access to features for creating and changing site-wide static content generation settings.
- Manage Styles: Enables access to CSS Classes for managing style definitions for the site.
- Manage Taxonomies: Enables access to Manage Taxonomy options for adding, editing, and deleting taxonomies for the site.
- Manage Template Gallery: Add, edit, and delete templates in the public Template Gallery. Also see Templates.
- Manage Workflows: Manage approvals and work request resources through Approval & Workflow options.
- Manage XML Publications: Grants privileges for adding, editing, and deleting XML publications at the site.
- Show Entrance Tab: Displays the entrance tab slider to authenticated users when the CommonSpot left panel and menu bars are not displayed.
- Site Maintenance: Enables access to Site Tools for enabling/disabling authoring, clearing site cache, and other site maintenance utilities.
- Use Site Administrator page: Enables access to the Site Administration Dashboard. Access to this page is a requirement for using site administration functions. Note that you can exclude specific rights.
- Use Integrated Support: Enables access to administrative Integrated Support options for submitting support incidents or enhancement requests.
- Manage Social Media: Grants administrative access for configuring and managing CommonSpot's social media tools and features and creating new social media channels and rules. With social media enabled in the license keys, users with this permission can view the the Social Media section in Site Administration, create new channels, and create and edit rules for publishing to social media channels.
You can download PDF versions of the Content Contributor's, Administrator's, and Elements Reference documents from the support section of paperthin.com (requires login).
- What's New in CommonSpot 6.0
- CommonSpot 6.0.0 Menu Quick Reference
- Developer's Guide
- Template Developer's Guide
- Style Sheet Reference Guide
- Shared Database Configuration Guide
- Replication vs Shared Database Guide
- Static Content Generation Guide
- Performance Recommendations Guide
For technical support:
Open topic with navigation