Open topic with navigation
Add Page/Document Category
Use the Add Page/Document Category dialog to create custom subcategories for pages, documents, and dynamic content produced for your site. Subcategories defined here display to content contributors in the Create New Page and Standard Page Properties dialogs as part of the page creation/change process.
This dialog prompts for type, name, and description and sets the active or inactive and default state for the new subcategory
- Category Type - Required. Choose from the following top-level categories for your new category:
- Template - Adds the new subcategory to the Template Gallery for creating pages. See the CommonSpot Content Contributor's Reference for more information on how new categories display in the Template Gallery dialog.
- Element - Adds the new subcategory to the Element Gallery dialog for your site. See the CommonSpot Content Contributor's Reference for more information regarding the Element Gallery dialog.
- Document - Adds a new item to the Category dropdown that displays in the Create New Page dialog, as shown below, and as a modifiable field in the Standard Page Properties dialog. The Page Gallery dialog filters all pages based on this categorization. See the CommonSpot Content Contributor's Reference for more information.
- XML Publication - Creates a category specific to XML Publications and/or Feeds. Use this classification to create a filter for the Feed Index Element. This option enables the presentation of a list of XML Publication Categories for page authors and editors to select from, to classify new XML Publications/Feeds. Contributors can configure the Feed Index to show only those feeds that match the specified category.
- Image - Creates a category for images, such as logos, bullets, products, etc. Please note that the Bullet category is a special category. Images categorized as Bullets are available as custom images for the Bulleted List Element.
- Important Note - Do not rename the Bullet category. If the Bullet category is renamed there will not be any custom bullets available to the Bulleted List Element.
- Confidentiality - Use this category to optionally populate a drop-down list that prompts contributors to assign content-sensitivity to the pages they create at your site, as shown below. If you do not create Confidentiality subcategories, this option does not display for content contributors.
- Name - Required. Enter a descriptive name.
- Description - Required. Provide a brief text description
- Active - Optional. If checked, activates this category for the current site; if unchecked, this category is unavailable to contributors. The active icon identifies currently active categories in Manage Content Categories dialog.
- Default - Optional. If checked, sets this as the default for this category in selection dialogs presented to contributors, replacing any previous default setting. The active icon identifies the current default for this category in the Manage Content Categories dialog.
You can download PDF versions of the Content Contributor's, Administrator's, and Elements Reference documents from the support section of paperthin.com (requires login).
- What's New in CommonSpot 6.0
- CommonSpot 6.0.0 Menu Quick Reference
- Developer's Guide
- Template Developer's Guide
- Style Sheet Reference Guide
- Shared Database Configuration Guide
- Replication vs Shared Database Guide
- Static Content Generation Guide
- Performance Recommendations Guide
For technical support:
Open topic with navigation