Hosted by the D.C. Bar Board of Governors and past presidents of the D.C. Bar
Salute outstanding leaders in the legal community at this annual D.C. Bar celebration.
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
7:00 p.m. Membership Reception
7:30 p.m. Dinner and Program
Mayflower Renaissance Hotel
The Grand Ballroom
1127 Connecticut Avenue NW
Highlights of the 2013 Celebration of Leadership:
- President–Elect Andrea Ferster will be sworn in
as the new D.C. Bar President.
- Presentation of the Beatrice Rosenberg Award for excellence in government service to Francine J. Kerner, the Chief Counsel of the Transportation Security Administration at the United States Department of Homeland Security
- Presentation of the William J. Brennan Jr. Award for excellence, achievement and commitment to civil rights and individual liberties to
Walter A. Smith Jr., the Executive Director of DC Appleseed
- Presentation of annual awards to D.C. Bar committees, projects, sections, and other individuals.
- Announcement of the 2013 election results and welcome to newly elected officers and governors.
- Accomplishments of the profession will be celebrated.
Register Here to Attend the 2013 Celebration of Leadership
($105 for a single ticket; $525 for a half table of 5; $1050 for a full table of 10) Ticket fee covers the cost of the dinner.
Purchase a single ticket to attend the dinner or join the 2013 Celebration of Leadership Host Committee buy purchasing a half table of 5 or a full table of 10.
Groups on the Host Committee are listed in the printed dinner invitation, on the Bar's Web site, and in the dinner program.
For more information, contact Verniesa R. Allen at 202–737–4700, ext. 3239.
The 2013 Presidents’ Reception will also be held on Tuesday, June 18, at the Mayflower Renaissance Hotel. The Presidents’ Reception benefits the D.C. Bar Pro Bono Program and is a separate event. The Presidents’ Reception will precede the Celebration of Leadership activities.
For information about the 2013 Presidents’ Reception or to make a contribution to the D.C. Bar Pro Bono Program, contact Kathy Downey at 202–588–1857.