Hosted by the D.C. Bar Board of Governors and past presidents of the D.C. Bar
An annual D.C. Bar celebration saluting outstanding leaders in the legal community.
SAVE THE DATE: The 2014 Celebration of Leadership will be held on Tuesday, June 17, at the Mayflower Renaissance Hotel.
The D.C. Bar would like to thank all firms, organizations, and other groups for supporting D.C. Bar award recipients by joining the 2013 Celebration of Leadership Host Committee.
Highlights of the 2013 Celebration of Leadership:
- Andrea Ferster of the Law Offices of Andrea C. Ferster was sworn in as the 42nd president of the D.C. Bar
- The Beatrice Rosenberg Award for Excellence in Government Service was presented to Francine J. Kerner, the chief counsel of the Transportation Security Administration at the United States Department of Homeland Security
- The William J. Brennan Jr. Award for excellence, achievement, and a commitment to civil rights and individual liberties was presented to
Walter A. Smith Jr., the executive director of DC Appleseed
- 2013 D.C. Bar Annual awards were presented to D.C. Bar committees, projects, sections, and other individuals
- 2013 D.C. Bar election results were announced and the Bar welcomed newly elected officers and governors
- Accomplishments of the profession were celebrated
For more information about the Celebration of Leadership, contact Verniesa R. Allen at 202–737–4700, ext. 3239.
The 2013 Presidents’ Reception was also held on Tuesday, June 18, at the Mayflower Renaissance Hotel. The Presidents’ Reception is a separate event that benefits the D.C. Bar Pro Bono Program.
For information about the 2013 Presidents’ Reception or to make a contribution to the D.C. Bar Pro Bono Program, contact Kathy Downey at 202–588–1857.